Oh I love the 4th of July! Our country sure knows how to party on it’s birthday! And we sure joined in on the festivities!
The night before we went to the Logan fireworks! We had yummy food, tons of glow sticks, sparklers, and an awesome seat!
(Sorry I didn’t get better pictures!)
The next morning we woke up early and headed out to Lewiston for their annual Patriot Border run where I ran my very first 5k. Cam had challenged me about a month previous to run it with him and I took it on! 5k’s are no big to lots of people but this was a big deal for me! I even did tons better than I thought and kept up with Cam the whole way. Yes the last half mile was really hard and I was pretty sure I was going to get sick when I finished but I did it and ended up coming in 7th out of the 29 girls in my age group at 29:52! Don’t ask me to run it that fast again though. I think I had a lot of adrenaline pumping through my body.
Our big finish! All of these finishing pictures of Cam make me laugh, and I look so ready to be done.
Here is a video of our finish: 5k Finish I just love my Evalyn cheering me on! I have such an awesome, supportive family!
After the race we quickly showered and then went to the Lewiston Parade.
Had a picnic lunch at the Splash Pad!
Enjoyed some watermelon on the porch, and ate some yummy shaved ice!
Then ended the day with a BBQ at my parent’s house that involved yummy food, slides, trampoline, swimming, sandbox, and lots of wonderful family!
And then we went home and crashed! It was a fun filled day! But in between all the fun I thought about all our soldiers serving right now. Especially the ones away from their families, because I too was one of them just a few years ago. (July 4th, 2010) I am very grateful for all those who serve and have served so that we can live in this wonderful country!
I'm glad your 4th was good! I am so impressed with your determination with running. Way to go on the 5K, that's a great accomplishment! I went back and read the link you put on to the 4th of July when Tim was gone, and it brought tears to my eyes. No one should take the sacrifices of soldiers and their families (like you and Evalyn) for granted. So from me to you and Tim, THANK YOU!!! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete