
I don't think I can ever remember having such an emotional 4th of July as I did this year. I have never teared up at the site of so many American flags, hearing the national anthem or any other patriotic song. I have never cried during a parade or while watching fireworks. But this year I certainly did all of the above. The red, white and blue has such a stronger meaning to me now that I am married to a soldier. How truly grateful I am to live in such a wonderful country and I'm thankful for all those who help protect our freedoms. I am also grateful for the other military families who sacrifice so much especially the other wives. Not only did my thoughts reflect on our glorious country but also about my amazing husband. I feel as if I already think about him all the time but he was in my thoughts even more this weekend and I missed him even more. Having him gone is honestly the HARDEST thing I have ever had to go through. (Warning: sappy stuff coming up) It wouldn't be so hard if Tim wasn't so wonderful and amazing. I am honestly so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man. When we were living in Draper, I got so excited when I heard his car lock beep and would run to the door when I heard the handle jiggle. He is truly my one and only and I know that no one could ever make me as happy as he does. I feel so honored to be his wife and the mother of his children. Even though having him gone is the worst and it's so hard, I wouldn't want anyone else. I am so in love and head over heals for Timothy! I can't wait for September when I can see him again and even though time is going quick it just can't seem to go by fast enough. I love you so much Timothy McFall!!! More than anything!

What a great post! I sure thought about you both this Fourth of July weekend.
ReplyDeletelove ya sis... love ya tim!
ReplyDeleteBeing married to a soldier is amazing!! We live so close we really need to do something.
ReplyDeleteKathryn, this post is so sweet. I know that having Tim away must be harder on you than I could ever imagine, but you are a "soldier" too in dealing with it! I admire you so much for having the courage to do what you're doing. Know that we're here any time you need us! (And say hello to baby for me!)
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute in your pregnancy pictures. Thanks for sharing. Hope all is going well. I pray that you are strong and happy as you wait for this baby to come. And also for Tim to come home.
ReplyDeleteI want to cry reading this post! Kathryn, I don't know how you do it, but I completely admire you for doing it! I'm sure this 4th of July was so special to you. I can't wait for September for you!
ReplyDelete