(Cuddling my baby as she slept today.)
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
24 Long Hours
Evalyn isn't even 6 months yet and she has had the stomach bug twice now. This time was much worse than the previous. Last night we had just finished eating dinner when it happened. She was making this very sad moan and I thought she was just bored. I picked her up and...well it was all over me. She was throwing up every 5 minutes for the next hour. I called the pediatrician when her throw up went from white to yellow. I wish she would have told me some magic way of making it stop but all I could do was wipe her face and cry. I stood next to her every time she would get sick. On one occasion, she reached out her hand to grab mine. It was incredibly hard seeing her hurt and not being able to do anything. She would get sick, fall asleep, get sick. It was a vicious cycle. Especially when there wasn't much coming out and her body was still working so hard. My dad gave her a priesthood blessing which helped slow down her episodes. I was able to get some Pedialyte in her before she got a long stretch of rest. Every time I heard her make any noise I was running in her room ready to assist, but thankfully she was just sleeping. Today was filled with lots of Pedialyte, sleep, and worry. My silly, happy little girl hasn't fully returned but there was a laugh today, and some smiles. She went to bed tonight so well, and I hope the night goes well for her. As I put my sleeping baby girl in her crib I was overcome with emotion. I know it was just the stomach bug, but it was a hard 24 hours. I felt so relieved it was over! I hope my little Evalyn continues to get better quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ohhh :( That is sad she's had it twice! I'm sorry, hope she's back to her fun little self very soon.
ReplyDeleteOh, get better Evalyn! And you are such a great mom, Kathryn! You are doing a great job. She couldn't have a better mom to help her through her sickness. Hope you both get through it okay!
ReplyDeleteSorry to know she wasn't feeling well. Before too long Timmy will be home to help through the rough times. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteThat makes me cry thinking about what you and little Eva went through! Mothering is definitely about sacrifice and selfless love. But, I'm SO glad that awful bug is gone and you're both feeling better! Evalyn looks like an angel in this photo! Love you both so much!
ReplyDeleteWanda