Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In the Life of Evalyn

It's long overdue since I have written about my darling daughter and its about time.  Evalyn is now 3 1/2 months old and is so much fun.  She has developed quite the personality.  She smiles so much even at people she doesn't know.  She loves toys that sing and sometimes will even try to sing with them.  She went through this yelling stage which was so funny.  She would just yell and squeal, not because she was mad but just to make noise.  She doesn't do it anymore but it was so funny.  The thing that others comment the most about Evalyn is her cheeks.  People say things like, "Look at those cheeks!", "She looks like a good eater!"  It makes me laugh.  Yes, she is a good eater although we are working on getting her to take a bottle in case she needs to be babysat. 

Evalyn loves her bath time.  So much in fact that if she is fussing and I put her down and take off her clothes to get ready for the tub, she immediately stops and starts chatting and smiling.  She knows what coming.

Evalyn has also gotten better at taking naps.  She likes to suck to fall asleep but won't take a pacifier.  So now I give her her blanket and she falls asleep sucking on that.  I think she is going to be one of those blanket kids. As a side note with sleeping, Evalyn sleeps 10-12 hours at night!!!!  I know! I'm so lucky.  I think Heavenly Father knew I would be doing this by myself so he blessed me with a good night sleeper so I could get a rest.


Evalyn is such a wonderful baby and I love her to pieces.  She really has been such a blessing with Tim gone. Not only because she keeps me busy so the days go by fast but she is also a little part of Tim that I get to have with me.  When I get sad I just hold her closer and it makes me feel a little better. Thank heavens we only have a little over two months left!  I can't wait for my little family to be together!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Evalyn, we love you to pieces! She is so cute & a real sweetheart. It was fun having you visit for a while. Hopefully we can see you again soon! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is DARLING!! I can not believe it. We really need to get together really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both you and Evalyn are looking beautiful! May the next three months go by quickly for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I definitely need to see you guys before we leave. Love you BOTH!!!

    ReplyDelete