
Things I have LEARNED this past month:
- No one can really tell you what it's really like being a mother
- Breastfeeding is way harder than is should be. Other mammals seem to not have as big of an issue. We did finally get it down! Hallelujah!!
- If given the option of FOOD vs. SLEEP, I choose sleep.
- Have the next diaper ready before taking off the previous one.
- Keep water and food by the chair where I feed Evalyn.
- You really can't have too many burp cloths.
- She loves having her head stroked while falling asleep.
- Eating with one hand, Cooking with one hand, Doing laundry with one hand, Type with one hand.
- I can't take too many pictures or video of her.
- Not to care when housework isn't done.
- And tons more!!!
- Holding my baby whenever I want.
- Talking to her and her watching me so intensely.
- Getting her to SMILE!!
- Giving her baths (now that she is enjoying them.)
- When someone is holding her and she does her, what I like to call "Thunder from Down Under!" She certainly isn't a colicky baby! :)
- Cuddling and snuggling with her!
- Holding her hand while she eats.
- Her kisses...okay more like she tries to suck my cheek!
- Discovering the fat rolls on her thighs and her big cheeks! So very cute!
- Listening to the funny noises she makes, especially while sleeping.
- Her many facial expressions.
- Looking at her and knowing she is mine forever!
I seriously love her noises and facial expressions. And yup...I experienced the thunder from down under! It's a blessing not to have a colicky baby. Something I would like to experience someday... :) Keep up keeping it up! I loved seeing you guys. Can't wait to see you again. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteShe is such a cutie! But it's true being a parent really is indescribable, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteShe is really growing, but still so cute and tiny! It's fun to see the video of her awake and aware. The last time we saw her she was still in sleep mode. I think you are a darling mom, and your love for your sweet daughter definitely shows. Evalyn is one lucky girl!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute!! Your such a good mom.
ReplyDeleteOh Kathryn, she is beautiful! I LOVE what you said about what you learned and what you love about this past month. Isn't it amazing what becoming a mom does to you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute baby you two have! I think you learn more and more every day with kids. Kind of makes you wonder if you really knew that much to begin with!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable!!! Oh my goodness, Evalyn is so lucky to have you for a mom. I am sure she smiles a lot because her mom smiles a lot! I have told you before, but you are honestly one of the best women I know. I miss you! Let's get together--let me know when I can barge in on your life and I'll be there.
ReplyDeleteDear Kathryn, I just can't find the words to tell you how much I love and appreciate you! You are simply AMAZING! I LOVE reading your thoughts and feelings as a new mother! Every child should be so dearly loved and cared for as Evalyn is by you! (I only wish I could be closer to help you get an extra nap now and then!) Thank you for letting us come and snuggle your sweet baby girl, and sharing your love with us, too! You are a precious part of our lives! Love you always!
ReplyDelete