Since Tim came home and having a baby I have kind of dropped off the planet a little. But I have returned. Tim is now back in Afghanistan and our little Evalyn is sleeping so I figured I could do a quick update on the past two weeks.
First, Tim surprised me with his coming home. It was the best surprise ever! Yes, I cried.


Next, Tim and I enjoyed our last moments together baby-free. We staying in a hotel a couple nights, watched 30 Rock, enjoyed going to the movies a couple times and going to dinner. We also did a little fishing. Tim's dad, Dabeed, came up for the day and we went fly fishing. Well, they did. I sat on the side and watched. Tim even caught a fish, but poor Dabeed didn't have any luck.


Then came the moment we had been waiting for and the reason we planned Tim's leave for this time. Monday night we went into the hospital and by Tuesday at 8:06pm we finally found out we had a little girl. Evalyn Barbara McFall, weighing 8lbs. 2oz, 20 inches long and an absolute doll! We love her so much already and it was so nice having Tim for the first week of Evalyn being here. He really is such a wonderful daddy!
Last day pregnant!
Headed to the hospital.

We also got special permission to bless Evalyn while Tim was here. How grateful I am for the priesthood and all the wonderful men in my life who hold it, especially my husband.


What a wonderful two weeks it was. I loved feeling married again! It was super hard saying good-bye to Tim again, but I'm so relieved we are half way done and the next time I see Tim we will be done with this deployment. I love you Timmy!
She is so beautiful. I can't wait to hold her in person and to introduce Wyatt to her. They are going to be good pals, I just know it. Call me when you feel up to some visitors. :)
ReplyDeleteKat, She is so cute. Im so happy Tim was there for her birth. Im here for you!! It is no fun feeling like a single parent while your soldier is away. When you have time we should do something I would love to see her in person. Your such an amazing person. I have always felt ver privalged to know you. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute that he surprised you! Just a little bit more and you will see him again! That's such a relief that he will be home again soon. Evalyn is sooooooooooo beautiful. I can't wait to see her in person. Love you!
ReplyDeleteHow cute. I love the pictures. She is just as cute as I remember her. I'm glad Tim was able to be here for her birth and blessing. Can't wait until I get to see you again.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! She is absolutely darling! I hope you continue to do well. Our prayers are with you, baby, and Tim!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Oh Evalyn is beautiful, and so healthy looking! You guys did a great job. I hope you're getting plenty of help from other people though. I can't imagine not having my husband with me through that, but I'm glad you were able to be with him for a while. Congratulations again!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable! She looks a lot like you! You should compare baby pictures. Kathryn, you are such an amazing woman and I look up to you. I think you deserve everything good in this world! You're in my prayers. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI wish we could come up and love Evalyn some more! I miss you guys already. Tim got really lucky to find such an amazing woman like you... But I'm so grateful, and I feel blessed to have you in our family! Love you tons Kathryn! Give baby a kiss from us :)
ReplyDeleteYour family so so cute!! I love her baby blessing dress, she is a very beautiful baby!!
ReplyDeleteKathryn dear, I've been dying to call you, but, didn't want to disturb you if by CHANCE you were resting (I didn't want to be an annoying mother-in-law). I just want to know how you and Evalyn are doing! (So, I'm going to call in a moment anyway.) I know Evalyn is receiving the VERY BEST care from her awesome mommy, but I hope you're taking care of yourself, too! I know that the next best thing to having your husband with you is to have your own mom and dad looking after you and baby! I know it's a comfort for Tim to know you and Evalyn are in good hands! I LOVED seeing you and Tim and Evalyn together while he was home, and feeling the joy and love you have for each other! I don't know what's better - feeling the love & joy of holding your own first baby, or seeing your first baby all grown up and holding his own first baby! IT'S ALL SO WONDERFUL! We are SO BLESSED with the love that keeps growing in our family, and you are such a special part of that love in our hearts! Miss you, and hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteSorry I did not get up to Logan while I was in Utah. Keep being a great mom. That means...it is okay to cry when you feel overwhelmed. It is okay to cry just because. It is okay to take a shower at 4:00 in the afternoon. It is okay to just sit and hold that baby all day long. Hugs and kisses to all of you.
ReplyDeleteLisa