Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mission Call!

I got a text from my little brother Wednesday informing me his call had come in!! Our family gathered that evening to hear where Richard would be serving. When he read the words UGANDA, KAMPALA everyone exploded into excitement. We all took guesses of places he would go but no one guessed Africa! His mission even covers Ethiopia. They are some lucky people to be getting such a great missionary. He is to report to the South Africa MTC on August 27th!


5 comments:

  1. Yeah! It's so exciting! I can't believe after Rich we only have Jeremy next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! Hooray for Richard! He will be a fantastic missionary. Tell him congrats from us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! wait to go Richard! Africa is pretty far away! I hope your mom will be ok! He's the second person that I heard is going there... Whiney Hales little brother just got called there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! That's really exciting. I think the youngest son is always the hardest on a mom. I know my mom had a really hard time letting Hayden go. I hope your mom is holding up well. Rich will be an AWESOME missionary! Tell him congrats for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this exciting moment in Richard's (and your whole family's) life with us! That was SO fun, and crazy! Uganda! Wow! Who would've thought that a boy from Smithfield would wind up in a place like that?! Isn't the Lord great? He knows Richard and that he'll be just the right person to touch the lives of people there! I know this is a bit premature, but, who's planning on going over to bring him home in two years? (...besides Kathryn, of course!) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete