Saturday, March 17, 2012

18 Months

Evalyn turned 18 months old on the 7th of this month.  So I wanted to share 18 things about what my little girl is like at this point in time. (A bit long but I haven’t done this in a long time.)

2012-03-07 19.25.35 1. Whenever I start making anything in the kitchen now, Evalyn grabs a chair and scoots it over to where I am working so she can help.  She grabs for the first utensil in sight and says “Help.” As in I want to help you.

2. Not only does she say help but tons of other words.  I can’t make a list because it would be too long and she picks up on them so quickly.

3. Evalyn loves to sing! Her current favorite it “The Itsy Bitsy Spider.”  She puts her fingers together and starts singing “Itsy Bitsy, Itsy Bitsy.”  Other times she just sings her own songs.  Here is her singing “If Your Happy And You Know It.” Sing Along

2012-02-19 09.18.57-1

  4. Evalyn loves dress up.  We went to DI one Saturday and found some great things for playing dress up.  Her favorites are hats, and putting on jewelry.

5. Evalyn loves Ring-Around-The-Rosies!  She is getting really good at singing the song now. 

6. Evalyn loves rocks!  Anytime we are outside whether it is for a walk of just going to the car, she is picking up rocks.  I finally got her a bucket to take outside to put them in because she would come in with both hands full of rocks.

2012-03-10 11.54.147. Evalyn loves books!  Often, I find her in her room looking at books.

8. She loves Elmo!  When Elmo’s World comes on automatically starts singing along with a big smile on her face.

9. Evalyn’s current favorite toys are her baby doll, any kind of ball, and her miniature grocery cart.  We have taken both the doll and cart when we go to the store because she couldn’t leave it behind.

2012-03-02 12.13.43

10. Evalyn loves her blanket!  I have three of them, thank goodness.  But when one needs washing I can’t put it in the hamper or she will pull it out.  And I have to be quick to put the other two away or she insists on having all three.

11. Evalyn loves fruit snacks and juice. What child doesn’t?  If I’m packing them in a bag I have to do it when she isn’t looking or she insists on having it now.

12. When she wants to hold your hand she will reach up and say, “Hand.”

2012-01-12 14.39.2713. Evalyn loves her boots!  When I tell her we need to put on our shoes she always grabs the boots first.  She also is fascinated with putting them on her hands.

14. Evalyn loves watching home videos and when we stop she throws a fit.

15. She insists on wiping her own hands and face after eating and flips out if I try to do it.

16. She will try to grab tissues while saying, “Nose.”  And once I give it to her she pretends to blow her own nose and/or wipes her baby doll’s nose.

17. When I ask where her tummy is she doesn’t just point to it but has to lift up her shirt and then will try to lift up my shirt to show where my tummy is.

18. Evalyn is such a sweet child.  She loves to give hugs and kisses and when she sits on my lap or snuggles next to me when reading books she says, “Nice.” (meaning: This is nice.)  She is such sweetheart and there are no words to describe my love for Evalyn. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful singer! Sounds likes she's also a little talker. We'll have to have her teach Malachi a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness her little voice is just so cute! You are such a great mommy and I wish I could hang out with you guys. Evalyn is such a sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete