Wednesday, September 21, 2011

She’s 1!

I’m a little slow getting this up.  I feel like life is going 100mph right now.

DSC03610Evalyn turned the big 1 on the 7th.  All day I would look at the clock and think about what was happening at the same time last year.  Besides reminiscing all day we of course we had a party and had some great family over to share the momentous occasion with us. 

I’m super proud of myself in saying that I made this cake!DSC03601

DSC03603DSC03604

 

 

 

 

 

We started off the evening with some yummy pizza, followed by pin the antenna on the butterfly.  A little “How Well Do You Know Evalyn?” game and then finally cake and presents.  Evalyn is one lucky little girl and got some much needed new toys and clothes.  She had the best reaction when opening her presents.  She would give a big “Ooo!” and her eyes would get so big.

DSC03616DSC03618

 

 

 

 

DSC03623

When it came time to eat the cake I thought Evalyn really would have gone for it, but it was the opposite.  Evalyn only took two bites of cake that we gave her and then she would only stick her finger in the frosting. 

DSC03638DSC03641DSC03645

DSC03648

 

 

 

 

 

 

One more thing, here’s Evalyn stats from her 1 year check up:

Weight: 20 lbs. 15 oz.  -  50%

Height: 28 inches  -  20%

Head: 18 inches  -  70%

What a year it has been!  Tim and I are so grateful we have Evalyn in our lives!  This having a family thing sure it great!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure that's fun to get a reaction out of the gift receiving! She is adorable. Congrats to you being an awesome mom for one year and more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do love my little niece! Funny how you mentioned thinking back to last year and what you were doing at certain times. I did that same thing on Jonah's 1st birthday. I can't believe Evalyn is already 1! She is so darling, and we hope to see you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cake and birthday bash! Good job. On the birthday AND for making a ridiculously CUTE baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cake!! I can't believe she's already a year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness! This was over a month ago already! I just have to say how GLAD I am that Dabeed and I could be at Evalyn's First Birthday Party! You did such a WONDERFUL job making it so fun, not to mention making that awesome butterfly cake! But, best of all was just being with your cute family! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete