Sunday, August 14, 2011

Big Sky Country

The first week of August Evalyn and I went up to Montana.  We had to leave Tim at home because he was training for his new job and couldn’t leave, but we went with my mom, brother and sister-in-law.  My Aunt Lynda and Uncle Gene have a cabin up there and are so sweet to let us stay with them.  And it is one gorgeous cabin!

Cooke City, MT was always one of my favorite summer vacations places as a child.  I went almost every summer and have some very special memories up there. 

Here’s a little of what we did while we were there:

Ate a heaping plate of Nacho’s at the Beartooth Café.

DSC03440DSC03436

 

 

 

 

Horsebackriding! (Oh yeah, be jealous Bryce!)

DSC03443  DSC03448

DSC03455DSC03454

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four-Wheeling!

DSC03524

 

 

 

DSC03498

 

 

DSC03488

 

 

 

 

 

A hike up to Kersey Lake.

DSC03527

DSC03542DSC03557

And a good amount of hanging out and relaxing time!

DSC03441DSC03563DSC03485

DSC03433

It’s a bit of a picture overload but I think they say it better than I could.  It was so fun being with family and to get away from the world.  There is no cell phone reception, no TV and no internet. Unless you walk over to the family owned Bed & Breakfast to use their computer.  It’s so wonderful to be surrounded by nothing but forest! Oh Cooke City!

5 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you were able to have this lovely vacation with your family in such a heavenly place! Great photos! - I like the one of Evalyn on Uncle Cam's back for the hike and standing by him at the fireplace! Time for some cousins, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brushing teeth with Grandma is pretty cute, too!
    Gosh, you're all so cute! especially in that hat, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a fun vacay! I can't get over how BIG Evalyn looks in these pictures. It's been too long since we've seen you guys. Are we invited to a birthday party?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wish we could've gone to Cooke at the same time!

    ReplyDelete