Sunday, January 23, 2011

Such a Character

I keep telling Evalyn she is growing too fast on me but she doesn't seem to listen.  We went to the doctor on the 13th and she is a whopping 15 lbs. 10.5 oz.  which puts her now in the 90% for her weight.  Its down from her 97% from two months ago.  I love her chubbiness!  I realized I really need to put on muscle faster so a week ago I started lifting some weights.  Hopefully it will make carrying the car seat easier.  Along with the weight gain she is at 24.5 inches which is average for her age.

This week Evalyn started eating rice cereal.  I think she is really enjoying it because she kept making these yum noises and smiles at me.  I think if I was eating the same thing for 4 1/2 months, a new taste would be wonderful.


On Saturday, Evalyn had a big adventure.  My mom and I took her swimming to the near by high school pool.  When we first got there Evalyn was looking around and taking in this new environment.  She did eventually warm up and enjoyed her swim.  She was smiling and kicking her legs.  It was nice to get out of the house
 
 

Evalyn is so much fun!  She has started breathing through her mouth quite loudly which makes me laugh.  It's not because she can't breath though her nose.  I think she just likes being noisy. When she gets excited she flaps her arms really fast.  She isn't rolling over yet but getting close.  She will get up on her side and sometimes hold out her hand for me to grab to help her. She always gives me the biggest smile when I get her in the morning.  In fact, I get a big smile when I get her from her naps too.  She makes me laugh everyday!
(Here she is today in her Sunday dress.  She kept sticking it in her mouth.)
 
 




I love my little girl so much and can't wait for Tim to be home with us!

8 comments:

  1. You're right, she is growing so fast! She already looks so different from when I saw her before Christmas! She is so cute, Kathryn, you're doing a great job of raising that little girl. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that little face! I seriously think Evalyn might be the cutest baby girl I've ever seen! Her dark eyes, her squishy cheeks, her tiny button nose... she's just so darling. How fun to go swimming! You are such a wonderful mama, Kathryn. You do so much for Evalyn, and those big smiles she gives you are proof that she loves you so much! Hope to see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is seriously such a beautiful baby! I want to pinch her chubbiness. And that would be so much fun to go swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn, I can't believe how beautiful she is! I must say I am jealous of her dark hair! And chubby babies are the absolute best :) I think I've mentioned that before haha. It'll be so fun having Tim back and he can enjoy that beautiful baby with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, she is so beautiful! She looks so much like you! I really want to come and see you both, please let me know when you have a free evening and I'll be there! By the way, you look amazing in those cute glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so dang cute! I can't wait for Timmy to get home, so you all can come out and visit! But Malachi may be the same size as Evalyn--he's already weighing in at 15 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I "second" EVERYTHING everyone says here!
    Thank you for calling us on Skype and chatting with us and letting us see Evalyn! We miss you and are glad to see you both doing so well!
    You're AWESOME, Kathryn! Love you!

    ReplyDelete