Sunday, May 30, 2010

100 Days

100 days left until this little one is supposed to come, that is if he/she comes on the due date but when does that ever happen. Our little one is 13.5 inches long and weighs about 1.5 pounds. I, on the other hand, have gained more than 1.5 pounds. :)

Things I have to adjust to with having a pregnant belly so far:
~ Getting out of bed in the morning, because it takes some extra momentum getting this body in motion.
~ Getting off a couch because I no longer have use of my abdomen muscles. I don't even know where they are anymore.
~ Picking things up off the ground.
~ Carrying Tums with me everywhere.

Things I LOVE about being pregnant:
~ Knowing that my body is helping do something amazing.
~ Feeling the baby kick. It often comes as a comfort especially the days I'm really missing Tim. I feel as if the baby is saying "Mom, I'm here for you." I don't feel so alone.
~ Feeling closer to Tim knowing I have his child inside of me.
~ Knowing I have a BABY inside of me!!!!

Here's some good lookin' ladies ready to paint the baby's room!

Here I am holding my new little nephew born May 13, 2010. Think that made me more baby hungry? It doesn't help that he is so darn cute!

5 comments:

  1. Lol. Rolling out of bed and switching sleeping sides was definitely a struggle. You're getting close! I hope things continue to go well. And yet again, if you ever need anyone to talk to just give me a call! I'm here. All day long... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for our amazing bodies--even if there are some really strange things that come along with pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see pictures of the painted nursery! Post some soon! It's fun to see your great and special attitude about your pregnancy. It truly is miraculous. It makes me think of that primary song, My Heavenly Father Loves Me, where it says, "I thank Him reverently for all His creations of which I'm a part." You are literally part of the creation of a precious life! Amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your mom look so cute painting the bed room. For your heart burn, you may want to try a little Mucinex every day. It will keep you regular and less acidic. You look so cute. We hope all is going well. You and your husband are amazing. I know you are not the only people going through separation, but I know you and love you. Be good and enjoy your new body. It won't last. Being a mom is like being pecked to death by baby ducks. And it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these ...
    (2nd graders' answers to questions about Moms -)
    How did God make mothers?
 1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
 2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring. 
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.

    Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom? 
1. We're related.
 2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.



    What kind of little girl was your mom? 
1. My Mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
 2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
 3. They say she used to be nice.

    What did Mom need to know about dad before she married him?
 1. His last name.
 2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer? 
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?


    Who's the boss at your house? 
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
 2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
 3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

    Kathryn, you think you're having fun now! 'JUST WAIT! It gets better all the time! You're such a cute little mommy already and this is one lucky baby to be coming to YOU! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete