What a fun weekend Tim and I had. Saturday we both had work off so we got to be together for the day. That evening Wanda and Dabeed took us to the Jon Schmidt concert at Thanksgiving Point! It was so much fun! Some of his new songs are awesome and he always makes me laugh.
Sunday we went to Grandma Amott's for some yummy Sunday Dinner. We had roast beef and this dish called Dutch Babies. It was basically German Pancakes with powdered sugar and lemon juice ontop. It was YUMMY!! I helped by making some funeral potatoes, but they didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped. Oh well, it was my first try.
Monday I was scheduled to work, and Tim had the day off. :( After about 45 minutes my boss said,"Kathryn, would you be interested in going home early? I don't think we are going to get very busy." Heck yes! So I got to go back home and that's when Tim and I decided we should do something for this wonderful Labor Day. So we went to the Zoo! It was so packed but was way fun!

We began the day with a little hat modeling. I thought is was supposed to go over your face but then was trying to tell me it goes on top like a hat. I didn't believe him till I saw the picture. Oh well! I'm just a scary lion looking down at your feet!

The had some super cute monkeys! This is a little one laying on one of the adults. Their fur was crazy lookin'!

This peacock was just roaming the eating area! It kind of startled me.

They gave the elephant an ice block filled with fruits and veggies. It was kind of fun watching her try to eat it.

They had a little baby giraffe born the end of July. They also had baby tigers and a baby elephant but the elephant isn't coming out until Friday. We just barely missed it.

Tim with the Zebras!

Just trying to look like my ancestors! ;)
How fun!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun with Timmy!!
ReplyDeleteFUN TIMES!!! I love the zoo, but havnt been there in year! Cam and I need to come down and experience the joy of it once again!!
ReplyDeleteThanks again for sharing such a yummy dinner with us, Kathryn! Tim's lucky you can cook so well!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you BOTH for sharing the evening with us at the concert! That was SO fun! (When I figure out how to download the photos from my cellphone I'll share them with you!)
Keep smiling! Love you! Mom / Wandamere
That's so funny about the hat! That makes me laugh!
ReplyDeletehaha oh Kathryn, I just busted up when I saw you in that tiny lion mask/hat. Your weekend sounds awesome! I can't wait until we can party again
ReplyDeleteHahah! You WOULD think it was a mask and not listen to anyone. Oh crazy Kathryn! I miss you!
ReplyDelete