With Evalyn turning two I decided to write down those simple things she does almost everyday that make me full out laugh or bring a smile to my face.
Me: “Evalyn, please put your shoes on.”
Evalyn: “No, I have toes.” (as she points down at them)
Evalyn is always running around bare foot. I always have to put her shoes back on when getting out of the car and anytime we got out she is taking them off, especially when we are on grass. Pretty sure I carry her shoes more than she wears them. And this morning at breakfast she said, “No bib! I have shirt.”
(Finding a Post-It notebook and taking it apart)
Me: “Evalyn, where are you going?”
Evalyn: “On a bear hunt!” (every time I ask her she responds that way)
When Evalyn needs my help she says, “Help ya, Mommy! Help ya!”
(There for a bit she kept putting headbands in her hair.)
Me: “Evalyn, do you want some insert food item here?” And if she doesn’t…
Evalyn: “No danks. I’m good.” (so very calm and casual)
Evalyn calls Tim’s backpack, “Daddy’s purse.”
When Evalyn really wants me to come with her she motions me with her pointer finger and says, “Come on. I show ya.” Over and over until I come.
(Reading the Sunday newspaper)
Evalyn is fascinated with the moon, even in the daylight. Which really is the only time because she is sleeping by the time it gets dark. But she is always asking, “Where’s the moon, Mommy? Where’s the moon?” Thank goodness we can usually find it. One night we were out late and she saw the moon. I told her we needed to go inside and she said, “Goodnight Moon.” And started blowing kisses to it.
Evalyn has become somewhat obsessed about brushing hair. She comes over to me at least once a day and asks, “Mom, I brush your hair?” For her birthday we got her a doll with hair she can brush.
Evalyn loves to wear sunglasses but they end up on upside down more than right side up. And then she will say, “Ima movie star!”
When I walk out wearing a dress or nicer shirt Evalyn tells me, “Nice dress/shirt, Mommy!” It makes me feel pretty!
Evalyn makes our lives so fun! Although we have certainly hit that “Terrible Twos” stage, these moments are what make my day!
Oh my goodness! She is just too cute! I can't believe how much she has changed. We miss you guys. We are planning on coming up to Logan for homecoming weekend, so we should get together. We would love to come visit you guys :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a little firecracker. So fun to have those cute memories. :)
ReplyDeletekathryn she is the cutest thing ever! i really wish we lived closer so i could spend time with you guys. i hope everything is going great! love you cuz!
ReplyDelete